About This Blog

August 1, 2011

Lion King 3D Experience

I happened to watch Lion King 3D movie with a bunch friends yesterday. I have never seen the original movie when it released may be because I was too young or never had the opportunity to see the movie later on. Anyway no regrets now and its like I waited so long to experience the best of bestest in 3D version:-). Such a brilliant movie and the impeccable 3D experience I must tell you. Watch it yourself to experience it once again.

Simba left with such a great impact and he is sucha shweettty pie :-) No one knows how much I cried and I was literally weeping when Mufaza died and the way Simba was crying, OMG such a brilliant visual composition it was. Enormous amount of hard work and creativity has been splurged right from the beginning till the end. The connection which these animals could create is unimaginable. The beauty of nature was spell-binding and it leaves you with no words to describe.

I loved the visualization of the forest and the color combination used which was so vibrant and pleasant. No one can even think of creating such a beautiful forest if at all something like this really exist in the world which oozes beauty like anything. The calmness, greenery, birds chipping, scary hills etc are a real visual treat. Not to forget the dialogues, really a special mention for such brilliant words. Hanuka Matata is something that I need to keep telling myself often., it means "there are no worries".

Again here comes my favorite lines:

Adult Simba: I know what I have to do. But going back will mean facing my past. I've been running from it for so long.
[Rafiki hits Simba on the head with his stick]
Adult Simba: Ow! Jeez, what was that for?
Rafiki: It doesn't matter. It's in the past.
[laughs]
Adult Simba: Yeah, but it still hurts.
Rafiki: Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or... learn from it.
[swings his stick at Simba again who ducks out of the way]
Rafiki: Ha. You See? So what are you going to do?
Adult Simba: First, I'm gonna take your stick.
[Simba snatches Rafiki's stick and throws it and Rafiki runs to grab it]
Rafiki: No, not the stick! Hey, where you going?
Adult Simba: I'm going back!
Rafiki: Good! Go on! Get out of here!
[Rafiki begins laughing and screeching loudly]

These are my favorite dialogues from the movie and it means a lot to me. When reality hits you through movies, nothing like that to get charged up instantly. For people who are running away from the past, pause wherever you're and take a look at it for a moment. There is nothing wrong in looking behind and learning something from it.

No words to describe the wholesome feeling of watching this movie and I guess that I got the message right from this movie. Oh yeah not to forget my butter popcorn and cold coffee which made it up for all my enjoyment:-)

Love you little Simba, Nala, Zazu, Rafiki, Timon, Pumbaa and the LION KING Mufaza.


No comments:

Post a Comment